søndag 2. oktober 2011

Thoughts and reflections


People. Culture. Fire. A gut feeling.


This book will be written in Lean spirit - pulling subjects from my head when I need it - under continous improvement and full openness. Every release will be blogged here to the world - just soon enough for me to feel a bit embarrassed about it...



Why am i writing this book?

My name is Tom Johannes Bang. I consider myself an adventurer, visionary and passionate human being. Others may consider me an asshole. Sometimes I do as well. Like everyone else I make mistakes. Like everyone else I have the need to belong and feel valuable. Like everyone else I have been a small baby, I am ugly and grumpy in the morning. I´m only human managing as best I can.

I believe that my purpose on this planet is to be a catalyst for people, including my self, to reach their goals and dreams and be able to walk around with a good gut feeling. After more than 15 years in the IT industry, now Chief Operating Officer at Iterate, I am still eager to learn more about how to improve the development of people and organizations. One of my recent discoveries is that I have so many thoughts and feelings about it that I really don´t know what I know. This is my main purpose for writing this book. I want to structure my thoughts to better understand. In addition I believe the best way to learn is to teach.

Through this book I want to share my thoughts and experience on people, leadership and developing working cultures. You will meet people that have affected me on my journey and read about their true life stories. You will meet us around the camp fire where I will cook for you and share some life experiences and beliefs. My goal is not to have you agree with me. If I make you think, I´m happy. If you share my passion on people contact me and maybe we´ll meet around the camp fire and write another chapter together. Who knows? Life is really what WE make it. So simple and so complex.

Even though working with IT for many years, IT has never been very interesting for me. I like working with people and I am fascinated by the art of how people work with software development. And the funny thing is; technology in software development is not the hard part. People are. It´s a mystery. I find it to be hard fun! I want to explore more through my book. Please join me on my expedition.

My life manifesto

(I probably won´t finish this manifesto until I finish the book...)

Inspired by the Agile Manifesto (www.agilemanifesto.org) I am trying to create my own manifesto to be my guide making important decisions in life.

I am uncovering better ways of developing people and organisations with the following thinking:

Following my gut feeling over waiting for evidence before acting
Focusing on what we want to achieve over thinking of possible issues on the way

That is, while there is value in the items on
the right, I value the items on the left more.

Next chapterThoughts on people and working cultures (Chapter Zero)







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar